We Will Be Closed
Sunday, February 19th
Sunday, February 26th
We apologize for the inconvenience.
September 6th - February 26th*
Sat., Sun., & Holidays
11 am - Sunset
February 27th - Labor Day*
Open 7 Days a Week
10 am - 5 pm
Last full hour rental goes out 1 hour before sunset.
Please note: Sand Key Park is closed on Black Friday and Christmas Day.
WHAT WE RENT
Stand Up Paddle Board
*With any Kayak or Pedal Boat rental
* PRICES ABOVE DO NOT INCLUDE SALES TAX *
Check Out Our Full Selection of
Bikes & Specialty Cycles
Clearwater - Sand Key Park
1060 Gulf Blvd.
Clearwater, FL 33767
50% Off a Year of Fun!
Can't get enough of us? Purchase an Annual Pass today - and save 50% for an entire year! The card pays for itself in one visit. For just $12, plus your full priced rental fee, you become an Annual Pass member which gives you 50% off all future rentals for one year. Plus, we'll throw in an extra half an hour onto your rental the day you become a member.
How Do I Purchase
My Annual Pass?
It's easy. When you get to the rental kiosk, ask a Wheel Fun Rentals employee for an Annual Pass. They can easily process your rental at the same time. When you become an Annual Pass holder, you'll get an extra half hour added to your rental the day you join, and 50% off all your rentals thereafter for a year.
Where Can I Use
My Annual Pass?
You can use your Annual Pass at more than 60 locations across the country! Just present your pass to any participating location for an automatic 50% off any one human powered vehicle.
These Locations Accept Annual Passes >
| || |
| Terms & Conditions |
- Get 50% off rentals for one (1) year from date of purchase*
- *Valid for 50% off a one (1) hour rental on any one (1) product or 50% off one (1) Wheel Fun Bike Tour (at participating locations)
- 50% discount is not valid on pass purchase day.
- Limit 1 card holder discount per day.
- Cannot be used on Easter, Memorial, Labor Day, or 4th of July weekends (Sat., Sun., Mon.)
- No cash value. Not valid with any other offer.
- Non-transferable - Party whose name is on the card must be present for the rental. (Photo ID required.)
- By using the Annual Pass card, the card holder agrees to all terms under which it was issued.
| || || |
Welcome to the premier boat and water rental destination at Sand Key Island; featuring the largest selection of kayaks, beach items, boats, and more - guaranteed fun for the whole family! Wheel Fun Rentals puts Sand Key Beach explorers in motion with a plethora of vessels for traversing pristine surf and sandy beaches. Intrepid adventurers can rent a range of watercraft, including kayaks, stand up paddleboards, and boogie boards. Once you've selected your watercraft, paddle along the crystal clear waters along the Gulf of Mexico.
Hop aboard a kayak and traverse the scenic waters. For kayaking or stand up paddleboarding, come prepared to get a little wet from the drip of your paddle and splash of the water. Get a whole body workout by trying your hand at stand up paddle boarding or skim along the water in a single or double kayak! Dress for the weather; lightweight, synthetic clothing is best. Prepare to be out in the sun; sunglasses, sun block and a hat that won’t blow off. A water bottle is also recommended for longer excursions.
Whether you are a local or visiting the park for the first time, don't miss this unique way to explore Sand Key Beach!
About the Area
Known as a barrier island, Sand Key is known as one of the best shell beaches in the area. With its wide swath of powder-soft sand and gentle surf, it is often voted one of the nation's top beaches. At Sand Key Park you can transport yourself from the bustle of Clearwater to a slice of tropical paradise designed for sunning, swimming and picnicking under the palms.
Animal lovers will enjoy watching sea birds of all shapes and sizes. The beach is often home to nesting sites of endangered turtle species. Whatever your plans are - Sand Key Island has what you're looking for!
Boat Rental Guidelines*
- You must know how to swim to rent water products.
- ALL boaters must wear life jackets at ALL times.
- Please be mindful of fishermen and their lines in the water.
- Please be certain you receive and understand riding instructions prior to renting.
- Boat Capacities:
- Kayaks: Single Kayak - Maximum 1 person. Double Kayak - Maximum 2 people.
- Stand Up Paddleboard - Maximum 1 person.
- Unless you have personal watercraft certifications, constantly check to assure you are staying close to the shore. Weather and other circumstances can change quickly. Always take a conservative, safety-conscious approach when making decisions on the water.
- No swimming or jumping from any watercraft. Horseplay will not be tolerated.
- ALCOHOLIC beverages are NOT permitted at any time before or during watercraft rentals.
For Kayaking, come prepared to get a little wet from the drip of your paddle and splash of the water. Dress for the weather; lightweight, synthetic clothing is best. Prepare to be out in the sun; sunglasses, sun block and a hat that won't blow off. A water bottle is also recommended for longer excursions.
Click Here for Full Kayak Riding Instructions >
|Stand Up Paddleboard Instructions|
Paddle to your heart’s content while riding a stand up paddleboard! Since you’ll be out in the elements and are bound to become wet, dress appropriately in clothes that will be comfortable wet and will remain easy to move in (lightweight and synthetic clothing works best). Sunblock, sunglasses, and a hat are also recommended!
Click Here for Full SUP Riding Instructions >
| || |
*Please Note, Rules Differ for Group Reservations. For more information, please contact our Reservation Specialist at (805) 650-7770.
Bring Your Group!
Whether you're planning a structured team building exercise, looking for a class field-trip, or a planning a family outing, Wheel Fun Rentals is the perfect place for your next group event! Gather your group and explore the area by boat. Be sure to ask about our group rates. Call us today to help plan your upcoming event!
What is the most
popular group activity?
Our most popular activity is the Free For All. Free For Alls are perfect for groups who want to try a little bit of everything - groups can take to the water in any of our water vessels. They can explore the shoreline, then switch to relay races in a kayak, or even try a stand up paddle board.
I am interested,
what do I do next?
We have a group event specialist ready and waiting for your call. Just call (805) 650-7770 and let us know how many people in your group, what date(s) you are thinking of, and we can help you create a custom event that everyone will love! Give us a call!
"Wheel Fun Rentals was a breeze to work with. It was a great price and we consistently get fantastic feedback on our team building event."
~ Event Coordinator, Microsoft
The Wheel Deal Coupon
Enjoy this coupon valid at Sand Key Park.
Just print this page and present to your rental clerk at time of purchase.