April - October 22nd*
Sat., Sun., & Holidays: 10 am - Sunset
October 23rd - March
Closed for the Season
(*Weather Permitting - 50 °F and Dry)
Last bike rental goes out 1 hour before sunset & last boat rental goes out 2 hours before sunset.
WHAT WE RENT
Double Pedal Boat
* PRICES ABOVE DO NOT INCLUDE SALES TAX *
Operating in Partnership with
Philadelphia - FDR Park
1500 Pattison Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
50% Off a Year of Fun!
Can't get enough of us? Purchase an Annual Pass today - and save 50% for an entire year! The card pays for itself in one visit. For just $12, plus your full priced rental fee, you become an Annual Pass member which gives you 50% off all future rentals for one year. Plus, we'll throw in an extra half an hour onto your rental the day you become a member.
How Do I Purchase
My Annual Pass?
It's easy. When you get to the rental kiosk, ask a Wheel Fun Rentals employee for an Annual Pass. They can easily process your rental at the same time. When you become an Annual Pass holder, you'll get an extra half hour added to your rental the day you join, and 50% off all your rentals thereafter for a year.
Where Can I Use
My Annual Pass?
You can use your Annual Pass at more than 60 locations across the country! Just present your pass to any participating location for an automatic 50% off any one human powered vehicle.
These Locations Accept Annual Passes >
| || |
| Terms & Conditions |
- Get 50% off rentals for one (1) year from date of purchase*
- *Valid for 50% off a one (1) hour rental on any one (1) product or 50% off one (1) Wheel Fun Bike Tour (at participating locations)
- 50% discount is not valid on pass purchase day.
- Limit 1 card holder discount per day.
- Cannot be used on Easter, Memorial, Labor Day, or 4th of July weekends (Sat., Sun., Mon.)
- No cash value. Not valid with any other offer.
- Non-transferable - Party whose name is on the card must be present for the rental. (Photo ID required.)
- By using the Annual Pass card, the card holder agrees to all terms under which it was issued.
Wheel Fun Rentals at FDR Park puts explorers in motion with a plethora of vessels for traversing land and water! Intrepid adventurers can rent a range of vehicles for land or water based adventures, including Surreys, tandem bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, and more! Feel like a kid again as you achieve low-to-the-ground glory with a Chopper, Quad Sport, or Deuce Coupe.
The opportunities for fun within the park are endless! Once you've selected your ride, cruise along trails throughout the park, or pedal along the Delaware River on a two-wheeled bike. Those opting for water bound adventures can hop aboard kayaks or pedal boats and explore this beautiful park lake. For kayaking, come prepared to get a little wet from the drip of your paddle and splash of the water. Dress for the weather; lightweight, synthetic clothing is best. Prepare to be out in the sun; sunglasses, sunblock and a hat that won’t blow off. A water bottle is also recommended for longer excursions.
Whether you are a local or visiting the park for the first time, don't miss this unique way to explore Philadelphia's FDR Park!
About the Area
Honoring the 32nd President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park encompasses an impressive 348 acres of varied habitat. The park's marshy makeup is due to the Delaware and Schuylkill Rivers joining nearby. This wet environment brought forth a plethora of naturally formed ponds, lagoons, and lakes. According to the Pennsylvania Audubon Society, these marshy areas are the best areas in Philly to watch for waterfowl and raptors.
For those wanting to explore the surrounding area, Philadelphia is known as one of the most bike friendly cities in the country. Hop on a two wheel bike and cruise up the Delaware River, or visit two of Philly's professional sports stadiums: the Lincoln Financial Field and Citizen's Bank Park, respectively home to the Philadelphia Eagles and the Philadelphia Phillies. Further south, riders will have the opportunity to experience the Navy Yard, now a busy residential and commercial development. And make sure to visit several landmarks and museums found within the park - the American Swedish Historical Museum (Get $2 off your ticket when you show your Wheel Fun Receipt), Bellaire Manor, and FDR Park's golf course!
| || || |
| || || |
|Take a Guided|
Experience Philadelphia in a whole new way on one of our Guided Segway Tours! You’ll be entertained and educated as you glide through the historic area. Our Segway tours depart from Independence Visitor Center.
| || |
Looking for a memorable experience?
Experience Philadelphia in a whole new way on our Guided Segway
Tours! You'll be entertained and educated as you glide the streets of Philly
with a well trained guide who will introduce you to the diverse neighborhoods
and energy of Philadelphia today, and take you back in time to glide through
history and learn about the founding of America.
Our friendly, professional and knowledgeable Segway tour guides
ensure a safe and unforgettable adventure that you just can’t experience by car
or through a bus window. We keep each group small and intimate to assure a
thorough Segway orientation and maximum gliding enjoyment. Best of all, you
learn and experience firsthand the secrets of Philadelphia.
Full City Tour
City Tour is an all encompassing tour of the downtown Philadelphia area. This
signature tour should NOT to be missed. You'll see more than 30 of
Philadelphia's most popular attractions including: the Liberty Bell,
Independence Hall, Schuylkill River, Rocky Statue, Swann Fountain, Basilica St.
Peter and Paul, City Hall, China Town, plus various murals & art! At the half way point, you 'll stop for a
quick bathroom and beverage break at Cosmic Cafe at Boathouse Row. Then you'll
continue down Benjamin Franklin Parkway to ride through the Museum District,
Love Park, China Town, and more!
Click here for tour times and pricing >
Old City Historic Tour
Our most popular tour offers views and historical facts to more than 20 of Philly's most sought after attractions. This tour is the perfect snapshot for visitors to get acquainted with the Old City and Historical/Waterfront Districts as well as learn memorable historical Philly stories. Glide, discover, and explore while you learn how our country was formed on these very streets. Some of the sites you'll see include: the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross House, Washington Square, Penn's Landing, Powel House, 1st Bank, plus hundreds of various murals and art!
Click here for tour times and pricing >
| || |
Bring Your Group!
Whether you're planning a structured team building exercise, looking for a class field-trip, or a planning a family outing, Wheel Fun Rentals is the perfect place for your next group event! Gather your group and explore the area by bike or boat or try a scavenger hunt - teams can compete on a course, solving riddles and trying to be the first to coast across the finish line. Be sure to ask about our group rates. Call us today to help plan your upcoming event!
What are the most
popular group activities?
Our two most popular activities are Free For Alls and Surrey Scavenger Hunts. Free For Alls are perfect for groups who want to try a little bit of everything - groups can ride any bike or boat in our fleet or try them all! And our Surrey Scavenger Hunts are perfect for groups looking for a challenge! We set you up in teams and send you off in a Surrey with a list of riddles, clues, and questions to be solved. First group to complete the scavenger hunt WINS!
I am interested,
what do I do next?
We have a group event specialist ready and waiting for your call. Just call (805) 650-7770 and let us know how many people in your group, what date(s) you are thinking of, and we can help you create a custom event that everyone will love! Give us a call!
"Wheel Fun Rentals was a breeze to work with. It was a great price and we consistently get fantastic feedback on our team building event."
~ Event Coordinator, Microsoft
Boat Rental Guidelines*
*Please Note: Rules Differ for Large Group Reservations.
- You must know how to swim to rent water products.
- Everyone must wear a correctly fitted PFD/Lifejacket at all times.
- Exiting/entering your boat from anyplace other than the designated launch area is NOT permitted and will result in termination of your rental with no refund.
- Please be mindful of fishermen and their lines in the water.
- No swimming or jumping from any watercraft.
- ALCOHOLIC beverages are NOT permitted at any time before or during watercraft rentals.
- Be certain you understand winds & currents before you leave. Plan to use the forces to your advantage on your return trip.
- Renters will be charged any/all costs for rescue. If you cannot bring the boat back on your own, you will be charged a towing fee of $50 (plus tax).
- Boat Age Limits:
- Pedal Boats: All children under 15 years of age must be accompanied onboard by a parent/guardian.
- Kayaks: All children under 15 years of age must be accompanied on the water by a parent/guardian. (Max. 2 children per parent/guardian.) Additionally, riders must be 10 years of age or older to be on a Single Kayak and 5 years of age or older when accompanied by a parent or guardian on a Double Kayak.
- Boat Capacities:
- Pedal Boat: Single Pedal Boat - 2 people & 1 small lap child. Double Pedal Boat - 4 people & 1 small lap child.
- Kayaks: Single Kayak - Maximum1 person. Double Kayak - Maximum 2 people. Last boat rental goes out 2 hours before sunset. Last bike rental goes out 1 hour before sunset.You must know how to swim to rent water products.
- Last Rentals of the Day
- Last boat rental goes out 2 hours before sunset.
For Kayaking, come prepared to get a little wet from the drip of your paddle and splash of the water. Dress for the weather; lightweight, synthetic clothing is best. Prepare to be out in the sun; sunglasses, sun block and a hat that won't blow off. A water bottle is also recommended for longer excursions.
Click Here for Full Kayak Riding Instructions >
| || |
|*Please Note, Rules Differ for Group Reservations. For more information, please contact our Reservation Specialist at (805) 650-7770.|| |