Thank You for a Great 2017
Article by Dave of Priority Bicycles. View Original Article Here
Happy New Year!
We hope you’re taking some time this holiday season to be with your loved ones and connect with what’s most important to you. Focusing on what’s important has always been core to Priority Bicycles, it’s the origin of our name, and what drives our team every day.
We want to thank all of you, our community for their support, questions, feedback, and recommendations. We wouldn’t be able to fulfill our mission of making cycling simple without you, and we are excited for what the coming year will hold.
As we start 2018, we wanted to take a moment to reflect in thanks for what made 2017 such a great year and show you some photos of what happens behind the scenes with us. Behind the bicycles, emails, and calls, it’s a hard-working team that wears a lot of hats to make it happen every day. We hope that you can smile with us along the way!
2017 was made extremely special through the connections we have made with new riders around the country and world, partnerships with hotels and corporate campuses, and coverage from prestigious media outlets.
- We traveled to the Le Meridien in snowy Minneapolis to test out our four season commuter, the Continuum around a frozen lake.
- We were honored to have our story featured on Guy Raz’s podcast How I Built This, the Coast in The Wall Street Journal’s best beach cruisers, and the Continuum was featured in Gizmodo and Wired.
- We launched many new and exciting fleet partnerships all around the world, in places like Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Dubai just to name a few!
- Together with Sara Barellies, we helped children affected by the North Bay Wildfires by giving them bicycles to help bring joy and fun to them, and to spark the healing that is so important.
It’s incredible to think that in the past year we have almost doubled the number of low maintenance bicycle models that we design and manufacture. It’s the direct impact of YOUR feedback and our daily research across all styles of everyday riding.
- We started the year launching the Classic Plus Gotham Edition (now available in step-through as well). A freewheel version of our original Classic.
- The Gotham all-black colorway was so popular that we reinvented the Continuum with the Onyx Edition, including reflective decals and dynamo lights.
- In partnership with Wheel Fun Rentals in San Francisco, we created our most comfortable, lowest maintenance bicycle, the Priority Glide.
- Late in the summer, we rolled out the new Start FW 2.0 and with amazing reviews from TwoWheelingTots we sold out before Christmas! It’s been so fun to watch our kids enjoy these bikes.
- One of our biggest milestones of 2017 was integrating Brilliant Bicycles into the Priority Outdoor Products company. With Brilliant, we offer colorful, city-minded bicycles at a very accessible price point.
- To finish the year, we launched the 174Hudson Pannier Backpack.
Our goal continues, to help you focus on what’s most important in your life; via low maintenance, high-quality products that make cycling simple. Come along for the ride as we launch new innovative products and partnerships in 2018 that we can’t wait to share with you. 2017 was a big year for Priority, and we couldn’t have done it without you, our community.
Happy Holidays to you and your family! Let’s make 2018 amazing.