All users must be 18 years of age or older, or 16 with a parent/guardian over 21.
Please note: it’s a 6-8 minute walk from the rental kiosk to the water. Guests are responsible for bringing the watercraft down to the water and back up after the duration of the rental. Kayaks are equipped with wheels and a handle, and Stand Up Paddleboards have a handle to assist in walking them down to the launch spot. We do give you a grace period on your rental, so that you get your full time on the water.
– You must know how to swim to rent water products.
– Everyone must wear a correctly fitted PFD/Lifejacket at all times.
– Exiting/entering from anyplace other than the designated launch area is NOT permitted and will result in termination of your rental with no refund.
– Gerritsen Creek, which leads to Jamaica Bay and the Atlantic Ocean has many strong current, wind, and tidal conditions; kayaking and paddleboarding here should be taken very seriously. Be certain you understand all the environmental forces before you take to the water and plan to use the forces to your advantage on your return trip.
– Unless you have personal watercraft certifications, constantly check to assure you are staying close to the shore.
– Please be mindful of fishermen and their lines in the water.
– No swimming or jumping from any watercraft.
– ALCOHOLIC beverages are NOT permitted at any time before or during watercraft rentals.
– Renters will be charged any/all costs for rescue. If you cannot bring the watercraft back on your own, you will be charged a towing fee of $50 (plus tax).
– To get to and from the water, we offer a 20 minute grace period.
Single Kayak & SUPs: Maximum 1 person. All users must be 18 years of age or older, or 16 with a parent or guardian over 21.
Double Kayak: Maximum 2 people. Passenger may be 12 years of age or older when accompanied in the same kayak by a parent or guardian over 21.
Last watercraft rental goes out 2 hours before sunset.