You must know how to swim to rent a Pedal Boat, Kayak, Canoe or SUP.
– Single Kayaks/SUP users must be 18 or older, or 16 with a parent or guardian over 21.
– A Double Kayak passenger may be 12 or older when accompanied in the same Kayak by a parent or guardian over 21.
– Pedal Boat drivers must be 16 or older.
– 2 Person maximum small boat, 4 person maximum large boat plus lap children 3 or under.
– Canoes must have one person over 16.
– EVERYONE must wear a correctly fitted PFD/Lifejacket at all times, including when entering & leaving the Pedal Boat/Kayak.
These lakes will at times have strong current and wind conditions. Weather & other circumstances can change quickly. Kayaking, Canoeing or Stand-Up Paddle Boarding should be taken seriously. Always take a conservative, safety conscious approach when making decisions on the water.
– Be alert to the conditions & your surroundings at all times.
– Unless you have personal watercraft certification, constantly check to assure you are staying close to the shore; winds & currents will move you about.
– No swimming or jumping from any watercraft. Horseplay will not be tolerated.
– ALCOHOLIC beverages are NOT permitted at any time before or during watercraft rentals.
– Be certain you understand winds & current forces before you leave. Plan to use the forces to your advantage on your return trip.
– Please be certain you receive & understand user instructions prior to renting.